The era of new body-confidence is screaming, shouting and crying ‘bodycon dresses!’ Ushering in the days of voluminous, body-hugging clothes that follow the saying, ‘If you’ve got it, flaunt it’.
The bodycon dress is loved for its veracity, being the in-your-face sexy piece of clothing that it is, and we at StalkBuyLove are a part of its very dedicated school of pupils.
This is one piece that is famous world-over, starting from Jennifer Lopez to the Kardashians (Uhh, yes)
Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, and Kylie Jenner; all sizzling in red bodycons.
Even queen B couldn’t resist rocking a white bandage dress.
A little closer to home, even Bollywood superstars like Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra seem to have fallen in love with this timeless, beautiful dress. They’ve proven that this magical wonder stitched together to hug your body can be worn as charmingly in a party, as on a red carpet.
Don’t write this one off for only the skinny girls though. The trick to making this trend work for your shape is to pick the cut-outs and prints to suit you.
“The body-con dress can be your best friend or worst nightmare,” says model and style expert Jaimie Hilfiger. “Some may think this dress is a quick and simple solution to achieving the perfect evening look while others beg to differ. It really all depends on how you wear it according to your body shape and size.”
Sure, you may want to squeeze in an extra session or two at the gym first to pull off this look without holding your breath, but there are some simple ways to still rock it, even if you don’t have the body of a supermodel (and really, how many of us do?)
StalkBuyLove tells you how to wear this dress irrespective of the occasion:
- Go to the dark side: If you’re feeling shy about stepping out in a figure hugging dress, wear one in a darker shade and be assured that your flaws will be covert and your hotness overt.
- Cinch the Waist: A simple trick to look slimmer in this daring dress is finding one that features black or navy panel sides. This will create the illusion of a smaller waist.
- Wear shapewear beneath, so that the limelight you get for this bold dress is positive.
- If this outfit makes you feel too self-conscious, don’t fret. You can easily add on a layer with an oversized jacket or loose-fitting cardigan to balance out the look.
- While the idea of wearing a tight-fitting garment made of thick fabric may not sound appealing, a more structured piece will better skim down your waist and shape over your hips, without creating extra bulges.
- Minimise your accessories: The bodycon is a stunner in its own!